There are many reasons by soy candles are superior to those made from petroleum derivatives. Here are the top 5 reasons:
- Soy wax is derived from soybeans, while paraffin wax is derived from petroleum (a refined a gasoline product).
- Soy wax comes from soy - a natural, renewable resource.
- Soy wax is biodegradable and cleans up with plain old soap and water.
- Soy wax has a lower melting point than paraffin wax and because of this soy candles burn slower or longer than paraffin candles.
- Soy wax burns with zero petrol soot, creating petrol soot free candles. Paraffin candles burn with petrol-soot.
Also, since soy wax has no smell of its own, scented candles smell better than ones made from paraffin.